Up to $250,000 in Grant Funding Now Available
SDCOE is funding SDCOE K-12 Comprehensive Health Education Grants of $50,000 to $250,000 (based on enrollment) for San Diego County districts to align health education programming to the Health Education Framework for California Public Schools and update programming in the following content areas.
- Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Mental, Social, and Emotional Health
- Growth, Development, and Sexual Health
- Injury Prevention and Safety
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
- Personal and Community Health
SDCOE Offers Professional Learning and Opportunities to Network
SDCOE is offering the following professional learning this spring:
- Health Education Framework Series (Attend 1 or all 4!)
- 3-Day Physical Literacy Institute
- SEL in Health and Physical Education
- Standards-Based Assessment in Health and Physical Education
- SDCOE Health and Physical Education Advisory
SDCOE Health and Physical Education Hangouts are taking place from 3:00 – 4:00 on the 2nd Wednesday of every month via this Zoom Link. Join us to share critical updates, resources and to collaborate with peers from throughout San Diego County.
CDE Announces Modified PFT/FITNESSGRAM for 2021-22, Including:
- No collection of Body Composition data (height, weight, etc)
- All students in grades 5, 7 and 9 must be tested…but only participation data will be reported to CDE and included in school’s SARC.
- Students with disabilities should be given as much of the test as their condition allows.
- PFT testing must take place during the testing window of Feb - May.
- The “2 year Exemption” based on students passing 5 of 6 PFT assessments is not currently available to students.
For specific details see the
Notes From CDE PFT Update
PDF of Health Education Framework for California Public Schools is HERE!
CDE recently released the much anticipated PDF of the
NEW California Health Education Framework for California Public Schools. The document can be found on the California Health Education Website.
CDPH Announced Change In Indoor Mask Mandate…But Only for Athletics
California DPH released new guidance re: masks for athletics. This guidance is not applicable to physical education. See the
Safe Indoor Activities/Masking Presentation
given at the San Diego County COVID Update for more information. San Diego County.
NEW Comprehensive Sexual Health Curricula Reviews Released!